A boudoir shoot is one of the best gifts a woman can give herself. It’s like getting ready for prom or your wedding all over again. If you are going to spend the time and money investing in a shoot, I am going to give you some of the best tips in beauty to make sure you are feeling hot hot hottt at your shoot!
Beauty has 5 tiers. Skin, Health, Hair, Make-up and Nails.
1. Your skin should be your number one pride and joy. It covers your entire body. It’s the first thing people see on you. You can cake yourself with makeup, but the truth is, if you skin doesn’t glow underneath, you are working a dirty, oily, and dead skin canvas. So the first step to great skin is exfoliation. Just like beauty has 5 tiers, skin has 5 essential things you should be doing:
- Exfoliating: Proper exfoliation is the key to great skin…PROPER being the key word here. I remember when I was younger, I would scrub away on my skin because it made it feel “clean”, when in actuality I was just irritating it even more! Using a Microderm scrub twice a week gets rid of all the dead skin cells, dirt and bacteria that cause wrinkles, blackheads, age spots, uneven skin tone, acne, you name it. A gentle Microderm followed with a replenishing serum recharges and revitalizes your skin.
- Cleansing: Combine with your exfoliation, daily use of a Clarisonic with your preferred Mary Kay Cleanser gets your skin up to 6 times cleaner than with your finger tips. And just like the Sonicare toothbrushes make your teeth feel dentist clean and polished, the ClariSONIC (same technology and company) leaves your skin feeling the same. Ahh, visualize getting all the grossness of the world off so you can recharge to take it the next day! Falling in love with your skin routine is one of the best gifts you can give yourselves and others. (were the ones that have to look at it!)
- Moisturizing: I have so much going on in life, that whenever I can go to the simplest and most efficient route, I do. So when it comes to moisturizing and repairing, I am and will always be a StriVectin’s SD user. These doctors have patented this special technology that delivers the molecule Niacin (the molecule that repairs skin cells, and is the reason Spinach is so good for us) to the skin. They knew the power of the molecule, but because it was water soluble they couldn’t use it to repair the dermis and epidermis skin cells. Well long story short, these doctors created this process that gives the molecule a lypophillic tail that delivers the niacin deep into your skin to REPAIR and REBUILD skin cells. While traveling through the layers, it actually takes the serums and everything else you use deeper into the skin with it! It repairs stretch marks, works on age spots, discoloration, tone and texture, moisture levels… and best part is it is oil and paraben free, and smells pepperminty fresh! I can’t say enough great things about it. If you want to try some out, shoot me an email and I’ll hook you up with a sample to try! As you can tell, I am passionate about my skin!
- Repairing: see above
- Protecting: Just like you don’t smoke cigarettes to prevent lung cancer, you should be wearing sunscreen to protect against skin cancer. Trust me, you don’t want to have a scarred, bloody and bandaged skin cancered chest like my Mom. StriVectin has a great sunscreen, but anything oil free and lightweight can layers beautifully over your moisturizer or works perfect for as a moisturizer with sunscreen for those with fresh young skin!
Wow, that was a novel just on the first tier of Beauty. I just realized I could write a book about this stuff. I LOVE everything beauty :) Keep coming back to look for more tips on Health, Hair, Make-up and Nails, and start saving for YOUR Boudoir shoot today!
Love Your Vivalicious Photographer,